<$BlogRSDURL$>

A public development of my political and philosophical musings. Occasional thoughts on current events. Primarily for personal satisfaction.

Friday, May 07, 2004

So I'm just about done with lawschool. One more paper that I hope to have done by Sunday. I'm sitting in the library at 8:00 Friday night procrastinating. Then I'm done. Graduation May 23.

I'm trying hard not to look past this paper, but it's getting harder all the time. It's a little scary. Law school has been my life for three years and all the other parts of me have rusted away. I recently stumbled across an email I sent to some guy a few years ago. Someone I met socially and I was introducing myself to him--my favorite books, movies, quotes, that kind of stuff. I don't know why I saved it.

But I did and I just reread it and didn't recognize the person who wrote it--did I really used to have favorite books? Favorite quotes? Did I do things and lead a life? Graduation is going to be about discovery. Discovering me.

The future is exciting, but also a wide-open abyss. Who am I? I've forgotten and now will have to rediscover me. What if I'm boring? I've been boring for a couple years now and have used law school as an excuse. What if I graduate and I'm still boring?
Comments: Post a Comment
Just in case: All rights reserved, Copyright 2006 Ignatius Byrd

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?